Using your phone is OK, but letting it use you is NOT.
There are more than 50% chances that you are reading this on your phone.
You being here also indicate that you want a better life (otherwise you would be busy living that).
Mojo believes that a Good Life can only come When You are Present- Involved- Responding.
Creating such a life requires deliberate and conscious effort every day.
The Good news is – you can start creating a good life by putting some things in order.
Let us start with your digital life.
Having a very active digital presence comes at a cost and that is the type of life you lead.
We cannot talk about your digital life without paying homage to the MOST IMPORTANT device in your life – YOUR PHONE.
Mojo brings you 10 ways your phone is depriving you of a Great Life.
- You are not present–
In conversations especially.
- Virtual has become new real for you.
- You are always distracted-
Your device can do many things, and most of them are designed to be addictive- which means that you may feel the urge to go back to your device in between tasks. This makes you lose focus especially when you should not.
- You feel there is an app for everything-
There are APPS for everything – from counting your breaths to counting your calories.
The tasks that can be solved with a pinch of self-discipline are now trusted on apps.
It is good to be technology oriented but it is not OK to be technology-distracted.
- You seek approval for almost everything-
Those thumbs-up mean a lot to you and you assume them to be a proxy of real praise.
- Keeping secrets is no longer glamorous for you.
- You are at loss of words almost every time.
- You have lost track of how important your privacy is.
- You ‘SEARCH’ instead of ‘RECALL-REMEMBER-RELEARN’
- You are always running behind schedule-
Because you spend more time where you should not have.
- You don’t remember the last time you REALLY SLEPT.
- You have stopped creating things with your hands (except edits, posts and tweets)
- You are always available – ALWAYS
Keep looking for this space for more.
Mojo of Small Things.